Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Ravi Holy and I have something in common ...


We attended the same "prep" school in England, King's College School.

I discovered this piece of trivia owing to this being the season of school reunions and I have received invites from King's, Westminster School, Holland Park School and University College, London to attend one or other gathering.

A generation ago, school reunions were not exactly popular. I remember one year ... must have been 1991 .. when the next oldest person at a King's reunion had left 18 years before me and the next youngest had left 18 years after me. I have not been back since but that does not stop the annual newsletter reaching me which this year proved more interesting reading than usual, thanks to the Reverend Holy

http://www.raviholy.com/

and his glad tidings, as reported in the newsletter



Ravi is the curate at St Luke’s Church, Battersea.
One of the congregation
is Janice Vyvyan who left King’s in 1964.



I am so glad to report that the above message contains a typo. Ravi has informed me that it is Jamie Vyvyan who is a member of his congregation, indeed the boy I slightly knew at King's.







No comments: